Monday, December 2, 2013

Gold and Green Santa Tablescape

Another day - another Santa tablescape. This time we picked a glitzy gold and mint green Santa to inspire a table. At first I thought this would be easy - but, once again, I was a little ahead of myself. Here's what we came up with:
Over view of the table


Our inspiration Santa - lots of colors to go with - gold, green and silver/gray but we decided on just gold and green

The place setting - glitzy and bold

Love this flatware - pattern is unknown


First layer of the place setting is a glitter like sage green bowl

Sorry about the color - this is a sharp gold color salad plate from Pier 1 years ago

The dinner plate matches the first-course bowl

Can you believe this charger? We had to get them - this season at Pier 1 (yeah, I know - this table sounds like an advertisement for Pier 1, but we don't have many stores to buy this kind of stuff from in our area. We could go to Santa Rosa [four hours or more just to get close] or Redding [3 1/2 hours if the road/weather permits] so we are lucky to have Pier 1.)


These are actually a pretty gold color - Pat made the napkin rings for a dinner party last year and I took them home. The napkin fold consists of a sage green napkin wrapped around a gold beaded off-white napkin with a gold overlay on top.

Individual salt and pepper shaker

We thought about the iconic green Dollar Store glass here but it gets used way too much so here's one of my favorites


One last look
Where it came from:
All dinnerware - from Pier 1 over the years
Flatware - Unknown pattern by F.B.Rogers
Green glass and  Gold beaded napkin - Pier 1
Green Napkin - Bed, Bath, and Beyond
Champagne flute - "Bubbles Galore" by Maxwell & Williams from Tuesday Morning
Napkin ring - Handmade by Pat
Crystal Salt and Pepper Shakers - from our collection
Candles and Rings - Michael's
Santa - Michael's several years ago

We will be joining Cuisine Kathleen's "Let's Dish" this Wednesday:  http://www.cuisinekathleen.com/

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is just stunning! I love the green wine glass with the texture, it goes so well with the rest of the setting. What a beautiful Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the Santas just keep on coming ... hooray! This table is so elegant and beautiful. I love the color combinations, that glittery charger (I may have to buy some myself), and especially the contrast with the previous Santa table! I'm still waiting for a Hawaii-themed table from you, ladies -- I do hope you have an Aloha Santa! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous, glittery Santa! I love the pieces you chose to go with him, and especially that charger. I wish there was a Pier I close to me, but it's a couple of hours away so I'll just enjoy your finds.

    ReplyDelete