Monday, December 23, 2013

Beachcomber Santa Table for One

When Linda from A La Carte (http://ljm-alacarte.blogspot.com/) told us, "It's summer somewhere" when we apologized for our Grilling Santascape....), we got up the nerve to do a Beachcomber Santascape. Thanks for the encouragement to step out of the "normal" Christmas mould, Linda.
Over view of the table

The place setting

Our inspiration Santa

Natural Bamboo flatware

The bright, flowery accent plate was from Pier 1 a year or two ago

Scarlett Fiesta Dinner plate is from Homer Laughlin

Pat loves this charger - I was not as excited about it when we bought it, but it has grown on me





Not your traditional Christmas tree......

Christmas ornaments among the shells





One last look
Where it came from:
Bamboo Placemat - Pier 1 years ago
Bamboo Flatware - Eureka Natural Foods (a local health/hippie store)
Charger - by Bordallo Pinheira from eBay
Scarlett Dinnerware - Fiesta by Homer Laughlin from Macy's and Replacements
Accent/Salad Plate - from Pier 1
Glassware - Bed, Bath, and Beyond
Napkins - Handmade by Pat
Napkin Ring - Michael's
"Tree" - from one of my Nativity scenes
Santa - Ross
Shells and Ornaments - Michael's
Small Beach Balls - from a Convention that Pat attended used as decorations

2 comments:

  1. This Santa reminds me of a Christmas I spent in Key West! Perfect in every way! And yes, it is summer somewhere!! This has been so much fun, I can't believe we are almost to Christmas! I will miss these fun tablescapes! You have done an outstanding job!

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm counting this as my Aloha Santa! Santa is already wearing the Hawaiian shirt -- just give the jolly old fellow a ukelele and a couple of hula girls as backup singers and this could be a beach in Waikiki. I love the alternative Christmas tree. When I lived in the Virgin Islands the dry flower stalk from an agave or century plant was often used, since evergreens were hard to come by and the coconut palms were way too tall! Mele Kalikimaka, y'all!

    ReplyDelete