Saturday, January 9, 2016

Spode's Rosebud Chintz Table

Years ago, Pat was given a place setting of Spode Rosebud Chintz by her husband's aunt. Today, Pat took it out of the cupboard and set a sweet table:
The table - sweet and simple


Flatware is green "Sofia" by Hampton Forge


I love the delicate flowers and swirl of the rim



Pat took this charger out of my cupboard and said, "It's ugly....Let's use it." I think it's perfect for the setting.


We acquired this glassware several years ago - "Rosaline" by J.G. Durand

I thought that this was a really unique idea - Pat made a flower arrangement in a pink depression glass sugar and creamer set


Another one of our Mother's Armani figurines


Where it came from:
Green Charger - from Pier 1 last year
Dinnerware - "Rosebud Chintz" by Spode from Pat
Flatware - Green "Sofia" by Hampton Forge from Tuesday Morning
Glassware - "Rosaline" by J.G. Durand from Replacements
Depression Glass - from our collection
Armani Figurine - from our Mother
14" Tapers - from the Ferndale Emporium (a local gift boutique)
Silk Roses - from Michael's


We will be joining the following Blog Parties this week:
"Table It!" at Rustic & Refined this Sunday:  http://www.rustic-refined.com/
"Tablescape Thursday" at Between Naps on the Porch:  http://betweennapsontheporch.net/


4 comments:

  1. Cute post! I laughed when you said Pat says the charger is ugly....

    I think the same thing about some of mine until I see them topped with a pretty plate. Gorgeous table, the pink depression glass looks so delicate and stunning next to the green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat and Katie,
    Pat has a magical touch finding the beauty in the green charger
    by pairing it with the Rose Chintz!!!
    Years ago, I had a huge crush on chintz!!!
    Oddly, I never purchased any!!!
    I adore the white rose arrangement in the Pink Depression cream and sugar!!!
    Lovely tablescape, dear ones!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love a chintz pattern! I only have one cup and saucer in a Spode Chintz and when I see it displayed as you have, it makes me want to hunt for some more pieces! Thanks for sharing these pieces. Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have long admired chintz china and this pattern is one of the prettiest I've seen! Love it all...great table as usual.

    ReplyDelete