Saturday, February 8, 2020

English Breakfast and Books Table

What's better to start the day with than a hardy breakfast and a good English murder mystery? The table is set this week using Johnson Brothers "Olde English Countryside" dinnerware replete with thatched cottages and an English Midlands vibe. And since Pat and I both love vintage murder mysteries, it was easy to decorate the table using lots of books from various English authors.
Just a simple place setting to start the day.....


Flatware is "Wind Song" silverplate by Oneida







Glassware is "Espresso" by Lenox



These are just a very small sample of the books available through the Poisoned Pen Press British Library Crime Classics


Where it came from:
Dinnerware - "Olde English Countryside" by Johnson Brothers from eBay
Flatware - "Wind Song" silverplate by Oneida from our collection
Glassware - "Espresso" by Lenox from Pat's daughter
Cocoa Brown Napkin - from Target last year

This week, we will be joining "Tablescape Thursday" at Between Naps on the Porch:  http://betweennapsontheporch.net/ 

2 comments:

  1. Well, since I love books, mysteries especially, and British ones too, and I love transferware, this table draws me in immediately. Very different and very appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this has to be my very favorite Table for One! The village scene on the plates reminds me of the opening credits images for the PBS Miss Marple series starring Joan Hickson. This setting makes me want to pull out my collection of old Agatha Christie and Dorothy Sayers paperback mysteries and do some binge reading!

    ReplyDelete