Sunday, August 16, 2015

Spode Harrogate Table

My very favorite Spode dinnerware pattern is called "Harrogate." I love it - I don't know why. Unfortunately, I only own one place setting, but I am grateful for that. Pat finally decided to use it this week - she didn't want to "add" a lot of extras to take away from the pattern. Here is what she came up with:
I think that this table is so beautiful......very simple, very elegant

Close up of the place setting - the rose was an accident. I knocked it out of the bowl and decided to leave it.


Pat used inexpensive goblets from Pier 1 because they were the right size

You can see the hand painted detail 


I bought this cup and saucer (it was way too much money) with my Jury Duty money last year so that I would never forget the victims. It was an awful experience but made me appreciate the strength and will to survive that some women have.



Pat made a simple arrangement of small roses in a gold bowl from Pier 1




Where it came from:
Dinnerware - "Harrogate" by Spode from Replacements (I should own stock in the company....)
Flatware - pattern unknown by F.B. Rogers from eBay
Glassware and Gold Bowl - from Pier 1 several years ago
Green Napkin - Handmade by Pat
Gold Napkin Ring - from "Tailwaggers" (a local thrift shop that supports the Sequoia Humane Society)
Candle Holders and Sugar/Creamer - part of our Depression glass collection
Silk Flowers and Candles - Michael's


We will be joining Christine for her "Table It!" blog party this Monday at Rustic & Refined:  http://www.rustic-refined.com/
We will also be joining Susan for "Tablescape Thursday" at Between Naps on the Porch:  http://betweennapsontheporch.net/



3 comments:

  1. That china is so incredibly beautiful. I have never seen it before. You did a wonderful job dressing this table to make it shine. Just ordered for the first time from Replacements. I think it could definitely be a problem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SPODE is one of the best china companies with the high standards! Your pattern is so elegant and I love the green! My mother purchased a pattern exactly like it but with colbalt blue and blue while she was in England years ago. Yes I love this setting for it is truly gorgeous! please take a peek of my post this week!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete