Friday, December 26, 2014

New Year's Day Breakfast Table for One

The best way to start the New Year is to set a nice table and enjoy a good breakfast - even if you live alone.

Over view of the table

The place setting


Pat and I found these vintage looking "Kellogg's Cereal" accent plates at Tuesday Morning a few years ago.

I am a real fan of yellow (as all of my family knows....) I just had to have these bold yellow Fitz & Floyd plates when I saw them on eBay.

The charger and sherbet/liner are American Sweetheart "Monax" Depression glass


The pale yellow thumbnail tumbler belonged to our Mother - I have always loved it. The white glass is from Pier 1.


No New Year's Diet Resolutions for me......at least not the first day of the year.


Individual salt and pepper shakers 

Not your "today's updated and socially acceptable version" of Nancy Drew - this is the original edition the way is was first written republished by Applewood Books. I received a set of them from a dear friend who recently passed away. We both loved mysteries and of course, Nancy Drew was our favorite childhood heroine. Rereading them will be a wonderful way to remember Sue. 

 Where it came from:
Charger and Sherbet/Liner - American Sweetheart "Monax" by MacBeth-Evans Glass Company (1930-1936
Yellow Plates - by Fitz & Floyd from eBay
Accent Plate - "Vintage Kellogg" from Tuesday Morning
Flatware - from my collection
White Tumbler and Salt/Pepper Shaker - from Pier 1

We will be joining Christine's "Table It!" this Sunday at Rustic & Refined:  http://www.rustic-refined.com/

We will also be joining Susan for "Tablescape Thursday" at Between Naps on the Porch:  http://betweennapsontheporch.net/

5 comments:

  1. Such a lovely table and a great way to remember your treasured friend Sue....I love the feeling it gives me. It is coming across as a beautiful reminder to take time for yourself. Wonderful table Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful suggestion and lovely table setting. It's a reminder of a simple way to pamper ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A close friend mine who was my mother's age was widowed many years ago, and she told me the kindest thing she did for herself was to always sit down to a nice meal on pretty china. Hence, I think this post is GREAT!
    When I am by myself, I don't tend to do this, but I think I will remedy that. We need to pamper ourselves in small ways and live each day to the fullest! Seeing your book reminds me of another friend who told me she took a book to the table with her. Sometimes two. And she read the Bible outloud before she ate and a novel while eating. Again, wonderful idea! And such a cute tablescape and so cheery!

    Happy New Year to you...

    xo

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just the two of us, so I'm always inspired with your tables for one or two. Great job. This would be a fun table to start the day.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you did it again what a wonderful able for one this place setting is so cute I love how your mom had quite the collection of dishes,glassware and flatware it must be so fun to go thru her collections.Susie

    ReplyDelete