Monday, June 24, 2013

Ultramarine Depression Glass Tablescape

"Swirl" by Jeannette Glass Company was made from 1937 through 1938. Although it comes in other colors, my favorite is ultramarine - a beautiful teal like glass that goes well with modern dishware. For the tablescape this week, Pat paired some of my collection with a very modern style dinner plate from Pier 1.
Over view of the table

Close up of the place setting


Pat found the glassware on sale at Pier 1 - she refers to them as the "Ruffles have ridges" glasses

I just had to have this silverplate after I saw it at a friend's house. (She said it was OK - she knows I have a dish problem.......) I found mine on eBay. They look good, don't they, Lois? Thank you so much for letting me "play" with your dishes that day - I treasure the memory visiting with Marvin.

For the first layer, Pat put an ultramarine "Swirl" salad plate on top of the napkin. It is slightly smaller than most salad plates and has a very unique rim.

Next layer is a white swirl-like salad plate from Pier 1
The matching dinner plate holds it all

You can see the detail of the vintage napkin

We used these fantastic candle holders before. I just love them. (http://thewelcomedguest.blogspot.com/2013/04/lady-on-shell-tablescape.html)


One last look
Where it came from:
Flatware - "Windsong" by Nobility from eBay
White Dinnerware - from Pier 1
All Ultramarine Depression Glass - "Swirl" by the Jeannette Glass Company from eBay
Glassware - Pier 1 (closeout sale this year)
Candles - Michael's
Napkins - vintage from our personal collection
Small Vase - from Pat's personal collection

We will be joining Cuisine Kathleen's "Let's Dish" this Wednesday:  http://www.cuisinekathleen.com/

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous color! I love it paired with the white! Beautiful!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved ultramarine, and it is such a difficult color to find. Your table has such a refined look. I love the interesting rims on the dishes and glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!! I love all the swirls going on, the plates, the flatware, the napkins... The color combination is wonderful, looks refreshing and cool. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous color!!!! Love seeing this!

    - Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely! Gorgeous color. And I love your idea of going all out for yourself, even when dining alone. Why do we only put on the dog for company? We should treat ourselves special, too. Glad I found you. Take care - Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have snapped this depression glass up in a minute. I don't remember having seen this color before and it is terrific. No matter how many people eat at a table, it always makes me happy to have it look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful color paired with white made a stunning table! WOW!! I love the aquamarine!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty table, Love the aqua plate and the frosty one too...

    XO,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete