Saturday, January 19, 2019

Winter Time Table

A couple of weeks ago, Pat and I made a trip into our local Pier 1 and, naturally, we bought dishes.....The table for this week's blog uses a place setting from one of the sets that we took home.
I immediately "fell in love" with the gray checks on the dinnerware. And it is one of Pat's favorite colors to work with.


Flatware is "Twist" by Gourmet Settings




To add a splash of color, Pat wrapped a red napkin around the gray charger


Since the dinnerware is casual and fun, Pat selected these unusual glasses to go with it

Why the Basset Hound and apples??? Each of us decided what we thought goes with the table and voila! I said that I could see a dog figurine (yes, a bit weird but I'm a dog lover so dogs go with anything) and Pat said she thought that apples go with this table. So -  we compromised and we used both......

Look at that face! Isn't it sweet?


Where it came from:
Gray Charger - "Faience" by Christofle from eBay
Dinnerware - from Pier 1 this year
Bread/Butter Plate - "Black" Fiesta(ware) by Homer Laughlin from Replacements.com
Flatware - "Twist" by Gourmet Settings from Bed, Bath, and Beyond two or three years ago
Glassware - from Pier 1 four or five years ago
Red Napkin - Handmade by Pat
Basset Hound Figurine - by Sandicast from our local Hallmark store (long out of business) years ago

We will be joining the following Blog parties this week:
"Dishing It! & Digging It!" at Rustic & Refined this Sunday:  http://www.rustic-refined.com/ 
"Tablescape Thursday" at Between Naps on the Porch:  http://betweennapsontheporch.net/  
"The Scoop Link  Party" at Stone Gable: (Here)  

5 comments:

  1. You made me laugh with your "dogs go with anything" comment - I totally agree! This is a such a fun table - the grey checks are soft and casual, the apples add just the right amount of vibrant color, and the irresistible bassett hound makes the table unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was out shopping yesterday with friends and forgot to stop at Pier one which I said we will stop there
    I love the goat plates they had around thanksgiving, I always fine things there I like

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those plates with their ruffled edges! And the pops of red are just what this table needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute! Red and gray go beautifully together and the little dog is perfect for a fun, casual table!

    ReplyDelete