Saturday, December 29, 2018

Spode Blue Italian Table

One of my new "favorites," Spode proudly states that "22 pairs of hands make a piece of Blue Italian" china [See a short YouTube video on how it is made here: Spode Blue Italian]. It is a gorgeous white porcelain with blue scenes of Italian ruins and floral rims. Pat chose it for this week's table.

Flatware is simple - to off-set the very busy dinnerware pattern




The blue glass charger is "Rondo Sapphire" by Bormioli Rocco


Pat used inexpensive Dollar Tree glasses to add just a touch of color





Where it came from:
Blue Glass Charger - "Rondo Sapphire" by Bormioli Rocco from Ross years ago
Dinnerware and Serveware - from TJMaxx and Wayfare.com this year
Blue Water and Champagne Glasses - from the Dollar Tree three or four years ago
Flatware - "Vintage Countryside" by Ricci from Tuesday Morning last year
Silver Napkin Ring - from Art & Old Things (a local antique store)
Candle Holders - from Pat's collection

We will be joining the following Blog parties this week:
"Dishing It! & Digging It!" at Rustic & Refined this Sunday:  http://www.rustic-refined.com/ 
"Tablescape Thursday" at Between Naps on the Porch:  http://betweennapsontheporch.net/  
"The Scoop Link  Party" at Stone Gable: (Here)  

6 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love this! Blue and white is one of my favorite combinations, and the close-up pictures of the border of these plates is just gorgeous. I love everything about this table, except that it is on the other side of the country from me. :-) Happy New Year, Pat and Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos. Dining for one on china like that makes the food taste better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue and white is such a classic combination, and for good reason - it's crisp and beautiful! Your Spode pieces are lovely. I too use quite a bit of Dollar Tree glassware - I have the wide stemware in a few different colors and love it! - Janet (vfcstyle.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very, very pretty ladies! Spode is such an elegant pattern. It always looks good. Thanks for the great tip on the glasses. The blue stemware adds so much to your tablescape. I recently bought a boxed set of Spode mugs/large cups at a yard sale and they each feature a different scene. That was a great find.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Mother always wanted Blue Willow china but never got around to buying any. I like Blue Italian much better. I always enjoy seeing Spode. Their colors are unique. If I had it all to do over, I would have purchased some Blue Italian for her! Alas, she has been gone for several years now and I am fortunate to have many of her things. My sister has Mother's china which is a wheat pattern (so popular at one time) and she did set a lovely and imaginative table with that china for Thanksgiving. It gave me such a great feeling to see it again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister and I are planning a day when we "sweep" the town---visiting Dollar Tree, Dollar General and several thrift shops! We are on the hunt!

    ReplyDelete