Saturday, August 18, 2018

Zebra But Not Too Jungle Tablescape

Living alone means many meals by myself - I don't always set a "complete" table at every meal when I eat but I always set one for dinner. (In all honesty, I don't set out any wine/champagne glasses since I leave that stuff for holidays and celebrations....) It was easy because my old dishwasher was not big enough to hold dinner plates - I always washed them by hand. Might as well bring out "the good stuff" then. And the fact that I am one of those weirdos that like to wash and handle fine china.

Well,  I do have a new dishwasher that can handle just about anything and I am still washing fine china by hand but everything else goes in it. Fortunately for me, this week's table is all dishwasher safe.....



Flatware is "San Remo" by Hampton Forge

American Atelier made several "Safari" patterns - this particular pattern has four different animal accent plates

I hate to take pictures of black plates - they always look like they have lint on them....I promise this one is squeaky clean.

The gray "Faience" charger by Christofle is one of Pat's very favorite colors

Pat used the same place mat on our other blog (The Welcomed Guest) this week to show how versatile it is



We couldn't resist these stitched napkins when we saw them at Pier 1 a few months back. Here, Pat mixed it with a black napkin and black napkin ring (made from PVC pipe cut into a 1" round and spray painted)




Where it came from:
Place Mat - from Pier 1 this year
Charger - "Faience Gray" by Christofle from eBay
Dinner Plate and Bread/Butter Plate - "Black" Fiesta(ware) by Homer Laughlin (1986-2014) from Kohl's (dinner plate) five or six years ago and Replacements.com (the Bread/Butter plate)
Accent Plate - "Safari" by American Atelier from eBay
Flatware - Black "San Remo" by Hampton Forge from Horchow's two or three years ago
Glassware - "Midnight Black" by Artland from Replacements.com
Place Mat and Napkin - from Pier 1 this year
Napkin Ring - Inexpensive PVC pipe cut into 1" rounds and spray painted with plastic adhesive spray paint
Matte Porcelain Candle Holders - from Pat's collection

We will be joining the following Blog parties this week:
"Dishing It! & Digging It!" at Rustic & Refined this Sunday:  http://www.rustic-refined.com/
"Tablescape Thursday" at Between Naps on the Porch:  http://betweennapsontheporch.net/  
"The Scoop Link  Party" at Stone Gable: (Here) 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! The tones of black and gray manage to look casual and elegant at the same time. And I love the napkin ring idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great combo- love the zebra plate. I like all the black accents- very handsome! I’ll check out the other blog’s post with the same placemats.

    ReplyDelete