Saturday, January 27, 2018

Schumann Wild Rose Table

I have been collecting Schumann's "Wild Rose" for forty-five years. I just love it. (I chose it as my "good" china pattern before I was married - then, less than one year later, it was discontinued by the manufacturer. Just my luck....soon the rose pattern was purchased by another manufacturer but the quality was not the same and was also later discontinued.)

Needless to say, I look for it whenever Pat and I go "antiquing." Replacements and eBay have been a goldmine.
Not to everyone's taste, the pattern is a combination of colorful and elegant.



The style of the cream soup is what "sold" me on the pattern - of course, this was the first piece to be discontinued. Yesterday, I got my last cream soup making a complete set of ten....forty-five years in the making.





Not quite pink, these "peach" colored goblets by Cristal D'Arques-Durand go well with "Wild Rose."

I have four different coffee pots in this pattern - this one is an individual size coffee pot (6 1/8" tall) holding three cups.



No one in the family smokes, but I had to have the matching cigarette holder and ashtray.


Where it came from:
Lace Place Mat - from Lentz Department Store (a really neat local store now out of business)
Dinnerware - "Wild Rose" by Schumann from anywhere I can find it
Glassware - "Rosaline Pink" by Cristal D'Arques-Durand from eBay and Replacements.com
Flatware - Pattern unknown from eBay several years ago
Napkin - Handmade by Pat

We will be joining the following Blog parties this week:
"Dishing It! & Digging It!" at Rustic & Refined this Sunday:  http://www.rustic-refined.com/
"Tablescape Thursday" at Between Naps on the Porch:  http://betweennapsontheporch.net/

7 comments:

  1. 45 years in the making! Some of my collections have been about 30 years in the making, so I can appreciate your comment. What a lovely, lovely setting. Sure, as you mention, it may not be just everyone's taste, but it is the perfect representation of this style and time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a romantic and gorgeous table. The pattern on those dishes is pure perfection and so intricate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really beautiful set of dishes! I love it. If I had more room I'd love to collect something like this. Amazing that you've been working on this one for 45 years.
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  4. This table is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on finding that last cream soup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This china is stunning, they look hand painted. What an amazing collection and thank you for sharing it with us.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that table for one is celebrated here. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete