Saturday, May 13, 2017

Lenox Paisley Terrace Table

Pat decided to set this week's table using one of our single place settings by Lenox. It is called "Paisley Terrace" and was produced from 2011 to 2013.





I shutter in agony when I see "Dishwasher Safe" on the back of supposedly fine china. I can't imagine ever washing any of my china in the dishwasher......besides, I'm one of those "wackos" that really like to wash china by hand.






To continue the glitzy theme, Pat used "Lady Diamond" glassware



Where it came from:
Round Mirror - from Michael's
Silver and Glass Charger - from Pier 1 last year
Dinnerware - "Paisley Terrace" by Lenox from eBay
Glassware - "Lady Diamond" by Cristal d'Arques from Ross years ago
Flatware - by Cambridge from Pier 1 several years ago
Napkin Ring - from Pier 1 two or three years ago
Vase - "Lady Diamond" by Cristal d'Arques from TJMaxx two years ago
Candle Holders - also from TJMaxx two years ago
Ivory Candles - from Bed, Bath, and Beyond
Silk Roses - from Michael's

We will be joining the following Blog parties this week:
"Dishing It! & Digging It!" at Rustic & Refined this Sunday:  http://www.rustic-refined.com/
"Tablescape Thursday" at Between Naps on the Porch:  http://betweennapsontheporch.net/


5 comments:

  1. We also wince in pain over "dishwasher safe" labels. We never put anything 'good' in the dishwasher. We like to enjoy the china,crystal and silver one last time while washing before putting them away! My Aunt used to say, "Isn't it a pleasure to wash these things?" Haha! She never did the actual work! My husband's grandmother--a real grande dame, would chatter as we were dressing the table for a holiday saying, "Now of course, we don't put these in the dishwasher!" After her death more than 25 years ago, her sterling flatware was passed down to another family member that did not obey that rule. The sterling is now nearly ruined.Pitted! Gold and platinum bands on Lenox WILL come off even if the so-called gentle or 'china' setting is used. I think they use the "dishwasher safe" label as a selling point for those who really don't want the joy and artistry of fine china. It is too bad. We really enjoy your blogs and have raved about them to friends! Tina and Thad Reynolds

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful table - love the crystal charger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning table ladies. I admit I have dishes....but no fine china. But even if I did I don't see myself sticking it in the dishwasher either...that seems like a crime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I LOVE this place setting. It is so sparkly and elegant, and the pop of red takes it to another level. Just beautiful! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty - love the silver sparkly-ness of this table. I would not put fine china in the dishwasher either, even though it says you can.

    ReplyDelete