Sunday, September 14, 2014

Woodfield by Steubenville Table for One

I love the pattern "Woodfield" by Steubenville Potteries. I would love to have dozens of place settings in all five colors if I could. The pattern was produced in the 1940's and is not considered very collectible. I don't care. I love it. And when I found a complete place setting on eBay for a very reasonable price - even if the color was salmon - I jumped at the chance to get it.

So, next I had to talk Pat into using it on the "Table for One." Yes, the color is.....dare I say, ugly? But the pattern is so unique. And think of the challenge to come up with a tablescape using it???? Finally, she gave in - especially, since I left it in plain site for weeks to remind her every time she came over. I wore her down.....
Over view of the table. Pat started with a burlap tabletop to give it a rustic, Autumn feel.

Yes, this looks pink - but I have to be honest, it is a very homely salmon color in person.

Pat used "Treble Clef" by Gourmet Settings for flatware

Don't all serious tablescapers have the Dollar Store "Green" glassware?

Still looks pink here.....

This is closer to the actual color



Completely out of Pat's comfort zone, she chose this glitzy napkin ring from Pier 1

Pat found this handcrafted basket given to me as a gift years ago and turned it into the centerpiece



One last look
Pat couldn't stand it any longer.....she replaced the beautiful "Woodfield" with a couple of other patterns just to see what it would look like.
Here is the highly recognizable "Friendly Village" by Johnson Brothers - yes, predictable, but "comfortable" for Pat

I love this choice that Pat made - highly personal - the china belonged to our Mother and was used for "company" when we were young. It is "September Song" by Sango. Not expensive. Not collectible. And not even very serviceable. But it has so very many memories......I treasure it.
 
 
Where it came from:
Burlap table covering - Handmade by Pat
Salmon Dishware - "Woodfield" by Steubenville Pottery Company from eBay
Flatware - "Treble Clef" by Gourmet Settings from Bed, Bath, and Beyond
Napkin - from the napkin archives (I bought them eons ago)
Napkin Ring - from Pier 1 this season
Fall Greenery - from Michael's
Candle - Bed, Bath, and Beyond
Wooden Candle Holders - from "TailWaggers" (a local thrift store that supports a no-kill animal rescue)
Basket - Handcrafted gift from a former Supervisor when I was promoted (also decades old)
 
We will be joining Christine's "Table It!" blog party at Rustic & Refined this Monday:    http://www.rustic-refined.com/
 
We will also be joining Susan for "Tablescape Thursday" at Between Naps on the Porch this Thursday:  http://betweennapsontheporch.net/
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I love that pattern of dishes and even if it is an ugly color I think it made a great table! I need to start doing my tablescapes again and maybe I should just do a table for one myself, might get something done if I do that! LOL! All the choices are great but the Woodfield is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely pattern and another I've never seen before! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it might be too much of one color for some (though it looks good to me) I'm sure it would be wonderful mixed with something else. Friendly Village is one of my all time favorites!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't care what you say either pink or salmon this is a wonderful color and even more beautiful tablescape . Pat (and you for picking it)are truly artists the way you always come up with these tables.don't you wish the dollar store would come out with pink glassware instead of always the blue or green?Susie

    ReplyDelete