Saturday, June 28, 2014

4th of July Table for One

I tried like crazy to get Pat to use a single dish pattern that we haven't used before for the table this week - but to no avail. Maybe next week......maybe not.....Anyway, Pat designed the table this week with the 4th of July holiday in mind. (I have to admit that I really like the table even if it uses two patterns of dishware.)
Over view of the table

The place setting

Flatware is "Colonial" to match the dishware


The "odd man out" salad plate - "Stars & Stripes" by Pfaltzgraff. Pat wanted to break up the stripes on the dinner plate and charger


Pat used a serving plate as the charger










One last look
Where it came from:
Dishware, Flatware, and Glassware - all are in the Warren Kimble pattern "Colonial" by Sakura from our Mother's collection (which she purchased years ago at Gottschalk's - a local Department store out of business now. I've said it before - we come by our mega dish addiction naturally - our Mother had the "problem" first.)
Salad Plate - "Stars & Stripes" by Pfaltzgraff
Napkin - Handmade by Pat
Napkin Ring - also from our Mother
Candle Holders - by Dansk (a gift from Pat)
Candles, Tea Lights, Votives, and Silk Flowers - from Michael's
Red Votive Holders - Bed, Bath, and Beyond
Blue Glass Bowl - by Bormioli from Ross
White Ceramic Salt/Pepper Shaker - from Target

We will be joining Christine's "Table It" at Rustic & Refined on Monday:  http://www.rustic-refined.com/

We will also be joining Susan's "Tablescape Thursday" at Between Naps on the Porch this Thursday:  http://betweennapsontheporch.net/

10 comments:

  1. Love the Red, White & Blue of this table. I've seen these dishes other places, but love how you combined them and made them sing the Star Spangled Banner! Happy 4th of July to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that a table! and I love the dishes....they made them to look aged like a well loved flag with history and thats been flying for years.

    Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for your Mother's "problem" with dishes!!! That means you and Pat have the luxury of creating beautiful tablescapes on a whim!

    This is one of the prettiest patriotic set-ups I've ever seen. I absolutely LOVE the dishes and the "odd man out" as you call it. Using that plate really calls attention to the setting and makes the under dishes stand out more. The flatware is SO COOL!!!! I love it! I have tried to find something similar around these parts, but to no avail.

    Very, very nice! I hope you and Pat both enjoy a wonderful and safe holiday weekend. (Visiting via Christine's "Table It!" blog party)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tables for one created by you and your sister are always wonderful. I adore the flatware and am going to check the web to see if I can find some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of a table for one! I thought I was crazy enough to just set a table for two, as I usually do full settings... lol. I really like the mix of patterns - nicely coordinated and adds a layer of interest. Love the distressed plates! Enjoy the Fourth!!

    Lory at Designthusiasm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love! Over the top without being tacky. So coveting those dishes and flatware...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that the flatware matches the dish set! Hope you both have a happy fourth of July-Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this table especially the napkins and napkin rings the are the bomb that makes this table

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! I so enjoyed looking at this table! It is a true celebration of our beautiful flag!! Well done! And I'm drooling over those napkin rings and flatware! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete